Monday 17 December 2012

Technology and distance

When I was at university in the seventies a computer was a "monster" and you had to make punch cards to make it work. Now..... well you know. Blogging will be a new adventure for me. The past years I chased students and interns at Niagara College to have them make weekly blog entries while being on placements abroad.... now it is my turn....

I will work on a bilateral program called "Education for Employment" (EFE) between the Colombian and Canadian governments. My role as "Technical Advisor" is to get this new program started with SENA (see www.sena.edu.co if your Spanish is OK). If you would like to know more about the EFE program go to www.accc.ca and look under "International Partnerships".

In November I spend a few weeks in Bogota, Cartagena, Santa Rosa del Sur and Barranco de Loba, places which I will call my "home away from home" as of January 2013 for a full year. Through this blog I will update you about my observations and experiences. Hope you will enjoy reading...

Saludos y abrazos (greetings and hugs)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jos, I am SENA Instructor from the Health Center in Medellin in the English as a Foreign Language area. I saw some of the pictures you posted and I would really like to meet you! My email address is jcbohorquezq@misena.edu.co

    ReplyDelete