Friday 21 June 2013

Skateboarders in Bogota



While some of you maybe witnessed today some horrible floods in Alberta, Canada or in various places in Europe, and others watched street-protests in Brasil or Turkey, or yet others just had a quiet Friday anywhere in the world, I walked back from meetings at the SENA offices and saw the "septima" (Carrera 7 going from south to north of the city) full of hundreds of skateboarders of all ages. Not sure if it was a protest or just a fun get together. Also here in Bogota one can see a variety of skateboard parks, so maybe they wanted to get a few more. The only sign I could find in the park where they seemed to end their "march" was one declaring June 21 a "feliz dia del skate"....





Most of them just hang around in the park in groups, maybe resting from the possibly long way they had skateboarded over the "septima" to get here. Some others had energy to "show off":




Whatever it was, it all looked very peaceful and mellow. The kids could have been from New York, Berlin, Singapore or Sydney. They all  have a few things in their outfit to make them being "part" of the worldwide skateboard enthusiasts such as those typical "rapper baseball caps"... :-)


This group asked me to make a photo of them, so I quickly snapped one with my own phone as well. They must have been fans of those Disney movies... ? I didn't ask; not enough of a journalist in me..

I caught a nasty cold this week... the weather in Bogota changes so much even within one day. And it can be 20-22 degrees Celcius during the day (and warmer in the sun) and then at night it goes down to 7-8 degrees. How do you dress for that? I am going to take what they all advise me: a hot canella with lemon drink, sweat it out in bed, sleep a lot this weekend and then we'll see....

Next week more meetings here in Bogota and then off to Cartagena for planning meetings with the SENA team there. Sneaking in a few days in Santa Marta during a long weekend there. So probably my next blog post will show you some pics from there. In the meantime... be good











No comments:

Post a Comment