Tuesday 1 October 2013

Rainy season in Bogota


Back in action in Bogota, yesterday I met with my good friend and colleague Javier Mora to visit ICETEX, the Colombian national student loan organization (as a follow up of meetings we had with them in August when two of my ACCC Ottawa colleagues where in Bogota). After a fine lunch together, we had a cuppa Juan Valdez coffee before a productive meeting at ICETEX.


Today during my lunch break, I got back on the "erg", the rowing machine my daughter Hilary sometimes wakes up about in the middle of the night (she spend 3 school years during high school at the darn machines training during the winter for the outdoor rowing season of the spring and summer). I sent her this photo.... :-)


Combining an afternoon meeting with dropping by the TIGO offices, the local cell phone company I am using here. As you can see, I bought for $50,000 on minutes....... well, those are Colombian pesos equaling about Can $ 25. This is the only year in my life I will actually have "millions" in my bank account here in Bogota.... of course also Colombian pesos......


Stepping outside after buying the pre-paid phone minutes, the rain started coming down. Luckily Sandra at SENA has given me a very nice SENA umbrella..... an orange one... gotta love her!


I took "refuge" in one of the fancy shopping malls near the "Zona Rosa", the Centro Andino. This is one of the most expensive areas to live in Bogota, and the mall has pretty fancy stores....



When the rain slowed down, I made my way back to my apartment. The roads were here and there like temporary rivers.... The rainy season in Bogota has started (will last all of October and November normally subject to changes because of the current global warming of course....)



Just checked up with a text message on our son Mark.... and this is what he sent seconds later... studying to try to become an electrical engineer... math, science and more math.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment