Tuesday 13 August 2019

Few days in NL

On my way to work on our Seneca international development projects in Mozambique and Kenya, I was able to stop over in NL (Holland) for a few days. First I caught up with Coen at the beaches of the North Sea (part of the Atlantic Ocean) in Scheveningen where he and his wife recently moved. Coen grew up near there so it was coming back for him. We studied together at the Delft University of Technology and stayed in touch ever afterwards. Coen was best man at our wedding in 1990 (with Gert-Jan, another university friend who came over from Holland in September for that event). Coen recently retired and now heads a Foundation working in several African countries to install durable energy installation in rural areas. It was great to see each other again and have some time to catch up.

The next day I had a tour on rental bicycles of our old University city Delft with two old house mates, Lies and Cathrien. So many good stories to memorize. Cathrien and I both studied Industrial Design Engineering which was then a very young Faculty of the University. Last year it celebrated 50 years.

The 3rd day of my short stay I picked up my sister Hanneke in Soest. In her nice retirement flat she had a new small balcony installed so it was time for a quick "selfie".

The we drove to the east of Holland where my other sister Gerrie lives with her husband Bert. We had our traditional Dutch Chinese meal and then it was time for me to hop on the plane again to visit the projects in south east Africa.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment