Friday 4 December 2020

Old friends in Holland

Today old University friends in Holland organized a Microsoft Teams meeting with 14 of us; 11 in Holland, one in South Africa, one in Mexico and me here in Canada. We all started our studies together in 1974 at the University of Technology in Delft. It was as if we had just seen each other recently. The communication technology now offers these amazing connection opportunities. It was really nice to get short updates from them all. One of them - see the photo - is undergoing treatments for terminal cancer and he told us that he is probably in his last year of life. We all knew this but it was still very powerful and emotional. One of the others is writing his 3rd novel and one is almost finished with his first. When I hear them talk about that, I am not sure if I have what it takes to make it to the finish line with my writing, but heck; I will enjoy trying to do it....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment