Sunday 26 September 2021

Wawa, Ontario

Today I drove about 8 hours from North Bay to Wawa, the last few hours along Lake Superior in a national parkway with spectacular views. Not easy for me to get good pics but here are a few...

In the National Park there are lots of small lakes and rivers. At one of the stops - the halfway point on the Trans Canada Highway - I stretched the legs a bit along some waterfalls where people were fishing for river salmon

At the end of the day my first "wild camping" spot from the app that Hilary downloaded on my phone. Along the Lake Wawa as recommended by other travelers.....


Wawa is a small town with 3,000 people. Especially quiet on a Sunday late afternoon. One of the local motels hosted sport hunters and four wheel enthusiast....
Not many restaurant choices in Wawa, so I ended up in Subway. A Sub, a salad and free Wifi. It is all good. Hopefully some sleep in the car tonight...; it is certainly getting cooler at night....

No comments:

Post a Comment