Tuesday 17 October 2023

October updates

My oldest sister Gerrie in Holland celebrated her 79th birthday last weekend. Here she is on the right with my other sister Hanneke (77). They both left our family home before I was 10 and spoiled me for years with gifts bought with their first earned salaries. Both married before I was 15 and started families when I was at high school and university. The oldest daughter of Ger is 51, same age as Marcy who is a sister-in-law of me here in Canada.....
Meanwhile here in Fonthill we had a dinner with Opa Vandenboom and his three kids. Joe came over from Sarnia for a day to spend some time with his Dad who is now facing early onset of old age dementia. About 10 years ago my Dad went through the same in his nineties. 

Mark and Carly will be on their way home tomorrow after having a great vacation in Portugal. They managed to get tickets for a national men's team soccer game in the city of Porto. After that they visited the Douro wine region enjoying the beautiful sceneries.

Today I attended a Welland Rotary lunch meeting where a former colleague presented about her work with the Niagara Nutrition Plan about offering healthy breakfasts and lunches at regional schools. I shared the table with Fred, a still active Rotarian at the age of 96....


Cycling instead of using the car feels good, especially amidst the current Fall colors of the trees...

No comments:

Post a Comment