Friday 20 December 2013

Back home after the year in Colombia

Last night our daughter Hilary and I landed in the evening in snowy Toronto and we were welcomed by my wife Mary. It was a happy moment. I am glad to be home because a bit more than 11 months living on your own is longer than you realize when you start. Of course I made new friends in Colombia during the year both at the partner organization SENA as well through other contacts and activities in the beautiful and fascinating - yet complex - country, but - as I mentioned before - there is only one place you call home and that is where your family is.

For me the above is already a forever conflict because I grew up in Holland and lived, studied and worked there the first 35 years of my life. My Dad will hopefully soon celebrate his 94th birthday and he and both my sisters and their families continue to live in Holland. Canada is my home because of Mary, Hilary, Mark, the Vandenboom family and so many people who became friends and colleagues during the past 23 years here. But.... my roots are in places such as Bilthoven, Delft and Amsterdam...

So... back home in Niagara. The snow seems to be melting today. It must be the warmth of the Colombian sun that Hilary and I brought with us last night....

It has been an interesting year. I will need some time to further reflect and maybe I will continue to make a blog entry on this site every now & then (I might be back in Colombia during the coming years; you never know). Thanks for showing an interest to read my updates during the year. At this moment I have almost 11,000 visits to the sites since early December 2012 when I started....

Enjoy the vacation period coming up and have a healthy & happy 2014!

1 comment:

  1. Great Thanks to Dr Oduduwa for helping me when i needed help.
    My name is Gabriel Anderson from USA I never believe in love spells until I experience Dr. DR Oduduwa temple, and after he cast a love spell for me my Ex called me to apologize for the pain that she has caused me and till today we are living a happy family, if you need a right place to solve your problems
    contact DROduduwa (dr.oduduwasamuelhightemple@gmail.com) is the right choice. he is a great man that have been casting spells with years of experience, he cast spells for different purposes like:

    (1)If you want your ex back.
    (2) if you always have bad dreams.
    (3)You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4)You want women/ men to run after you.
    (5)If you want a child.
    (6)[You want to be rich.
    (7)You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours
    forever.
    (8)If you need financial assistance.
    (9)Herbal care

    Contact him today on: dr.oduduwasamuelhightemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete