Tuesday 4 February 2014

Back to Canada


My last day in Holland during this visit. Yesterday one of my old university friends invited me to join him for a game of field hockey. Back in the late seventies we played a few years together in a team while being at university. I played untill 1988, so it has been 26 years since I ran on the grass field wth a hockey stick in hand. The first half hour looked like I had never left the field, but during the second half hour my body clearly told me that it had been a while. Today I could  barely move,  but hey... it was worth it! I should start a hockey competetion on Niagara College's new astro-turf field....

After a week of family visits and catching up with friends it is good to go home in Canada again. Back to Mary, the kids, friends and..... more snow! It was very nice to see my 94 year old father and my two dear sisters again, and we had some quality time together. There is never enough times to catch up with all  the old friends with whom I share so many memoris of my 35 years in Holland before moving to Canada in 1990. But hopefully Mary and I can go back sometime soon.

I stay in touch with my colleagues in Colombia. The next two weeks will be busy for them because they get a arge group of colleagues from Canada, Peru and Bolivia for a series of project meetings.

More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment