Thursday 6 February 2014

Few more photos from Holland


I visited my old university faculty of Industrial Design Engineering at tthe Delft University of Technology. When I graduated in 1982 we had about 500 students in total and we were housed in a tiny old  building in the city center. Now it is one of the largest faculties of the university with 2,000 students and housed in a beautiful and inspiring new building in the university campus area.


It is located next to the mechanical and electrical engineering faculty buidlings (Mark, the tall building is the electrical engineering one). I met with Cathrien, an active designer and friend, Ruddy, a current IDE student with Ecuadorian-Dutch parents, and Juan, a Colombian IDE student on exchange. Juan is the son of a colleague from a mining company in Colombia.





The main reason to visit Holland this time was to see my 94 year old father. He seemed in pretty good shape for his age even though his memory is  fading rapidly now. On the photo next to my Dad is my sister Hanneke and her husband Lex. Below a photo also including my other sister Gerrie.



The husband of Gerrie is Bert, who at age 72 started a new hobby by becoming a furniture maker...

In Amsterdam I stayed with my university friend Age, his wife Lea and ttheir daugther Louisa:





The house with the white ground floor front was the place where I lived from 1984 to 1988 while working for Fokker Aircraft Ltd. Sweet memories, It is located on what is called the "Bloemenmarkt" or the "flower market". I always had fresh floweers right in front of our house...



The winter in Holland is not nearly as cold as in Cannada, but it was cold enough for a natural ice skating area in downtown Amsterdam in front of the renovated "Rijksmuseum".

And this morning I was already again shoveling snow at our driveway in Fonthill, Canada.....

No comments:

Post a Comment