Friday 19 September 2014

Brasilia


Today we had a meeting at the Ministry of Education with Luciano Toledo, who earlier this year spent 6 months at Niagara College on a study sabbatical (see some of my posts during the February to May 2014 period). Afterwards Luciano's wife Giordana - who spend a year and half at NC studying - joined us for lunch at Magai Restaurant, where my dish from the buffet turned out very colorful...



Afterwards I joined an event organized by the Canadian Embassy where I met with Renata, one of my new colleagues at Seneca College (Renata travels all over Latin America for student recruitment and she is a Brazilian who studied and worked at Red River College in Winnipeg before joining the Seneca International team in 2013). She allowed me to still wear my NC shirt today since it is my last work day at Niagara, but expects me to wear the Seneca colors when we meet again in Toronto!


Tomorrow (Saturday) I fly back to Sao Paulo followed by an overnight flight back to Toronto arriving at home in time for my wife Mary's birthday (and our 24st wedding anniversary).

To close off this series of blog posts two more photos from our visits at IFPE in Recife. Next travel will be for Seneca to China (Oct 21 - Nov 2), so - time permitting - some more posts then.


No comments:

Post a Comment