Sunday 7 September 2014

On my way to Brazil

On my way to Brazil for my last two work weeks for Niagara College. The past 12 years we have been able to build important trust and partnerships with a variety of post-secondary institutions in Brazil, and this visit is to discuss a future path for these institutions with NC without my presence.

I will also introduce two colleagues from Arequipa, Peru to the Brazilians. This will be their first exploratory visit to their neighbors in Brazil. It will be interesting to see if we can maybe create some activities between the three countries over time.

I will start in Iguazu (in the south on the border with Argentina), then Sao Paulo (the massive 20 million people metropolis), Fortaleza (on the Atlantic Ocean coast in the north-east 4 hours flying from Sao Paulo)), Recife (also on the coast a bit further east) and finally the country's capital Brasilia where we will have some meetings with the national Ministry of Education.

Last week Friday was my farewell party at Niagara College. In the all the excitement I forgot to make photos, but maybe others did. If so, I will make a post of that later. A strange feeling after 19 years....

A relaxing Saturday after that emotional Friday and now on the Sunday on my way down south.

No comments:

Post a Comment