Saturday 19 September 2015

Short visit in Holland

This weekend I have the opportunity again to make a short visit to my family in Holland. Together with my two sisters Ger and Han we visited our Dad who has reached the amazing age of 95 and still going strong. His memory is not great anymore, but physically he is still in good shape.
Family friend Tilly joined our visit. She has taken care of my Dad for many years after my Mom passed away (11 years ago) and before my Dad went to  the care home where he is now (in 2013).
We had a very nice lunch together with Lex and Bert, the husbands of Han and Ger. Hopefully we can do this again in January when I expect to stop by next time.
On the way to my sister Ger yesterday, I had to stop and eat some good Dutch "kroketten"...
And I have to show you  this sporty Opel which Hertz gave me at the Amsterdam airport even though I had booked and paid only for a small compact car.

No comments:

Post a Comment