Friday 21 October 2022

Friends for life

I became friends with Rob and Marijke during our early university years. A truly lovely couple who studied in Utrecht (where my then girlfriend also studied). The four of us had many good times and camped in the south of France during several summers. About 38 years ago, they bought a house right across from the house of my parents on the "Palestrinalaan"....

They then also had to become "tone deaf" from the ringing of the bells of the nearby church every half hour. I remember many visitors to my parent's house did not sleep much during the night...
We had a wonderful evening going over many joined memories as well as updating each other about the past 30 years or so. It was as if we last met a few weeks ago. Rob assisted me with some features of our modern phones - good and healthy laughs....

No comments:

Post a Comment