Saturday 13 May 2017

From Suzhou to Sydney

The presentation on Wednesday about the impact of artificial intelligence on the future of work (and the role to possibly play for educators and trainers) went well. Managers from local companies were in attendance and we hope that some of them will follow up with our local partner organization with who we then hope to develop tailored training programs.

And yes, I bring my suit again also for this audience (as I recently did in India). Impressed?


After the presentation on Wednesday I went for a beautiful long walk along the lake next to my hotel. The photo above is from the gardens of my hotel which are right on the lake. The setting for the lake invites for wedding photos and there were many making use of a beautiful sunny day to do so.






 Our colleague Wilson took me on Thursday after our meetings to one of the famous gardens in the old city of Suzhou. These were stunning private properties hundreds of years ago.

First we visited a small museum on the history and the architecture of the gardens. Afterwards we took a walk in part of the garden and listen to Suzhou opera singing in one of the tea-houses.




Friday I went back to the Shanghai airport for a flight of 10 hours to Sydney, Australia, to meet up with our daughter Hilary who lives and works here for a year.

So cool to be back in this city where I worked and lived a few months in 1983, 34 years ago, especially together with Hilary.



No comments:

Post a Comment