Saturday 13 May 2017

Sunday walk in Sydney

There, now in the right way. In my previous post I did not get it quite right with this photo. Today Hilary and I - she with her 14 hours of time difference jet lag and me simply because of age & travel overnight - woke up early on the Sunday morning and started what turned out to be a 12 km walk.
First stop after the initial 3-4 km a coffee + treat near the famous Sydney Opera House. This is right across from the old Sydney Harbor Bridge which we walked up afterwards.

The Opera House from the bridge. With in front of that landmark a few of the many ferries which serve the communities in and around Sydney. We walked over the bridge to North Sydney to see if we could find the apartment building I lived in during my few months here in 1983.

At the other side of the bridge we found an arts market where I lost Hilary for a while. In the meantime I had another good coffee and concluded that Sydney also has become a very global village with people and food from around the world....


We did not find back my little street of so many years ago but that was fine. We did find a lovely little park where we spent some time and started the walk back past a few of the nice small bay areas of this beautiful city. Very nice to be back. Sore legs and muscles though trying to keep pace with our 25 year old daughter.....



No comments:

Post a Comment