Tuesday 16 May 2017

Manly and Bondi beaches

Yesterday Hilary and I took one of the ferry boats to Manly, a ride of about half an hour through some of the many bays of the Sydney harbor area. Manly has a nice beach area with - even on a Monday - many enthusiastic surfers enjoying the good waves.
Today we visited another beach area in the greater Sydney area, probably the best known around the world: Bondi. We had a beautiful blue sky but a chilly wind; that did not deter some sun bathers on this Tuesday. The city made a beautiful board walk between several beaches in this area.



Flying the Seneca colors even during my days off here. Maybe this Dutch guy is just too cheap to buy some other clothes? I have had a nasty cold since I arrived in Sydney on Saturday. Otherwise I would have made some laps in this very cool pool right next to the ocean.
Tomorrow the last day here in Sydney. I will be staying put for the day to try to beat that cold before starting the 7 + 13 + 5 hour flights via Manila and Vancouver to Toronto on Thursday. It was very nice to spend a few days here together with Hilary. I kept the poor woman awake with my snoring every night worsened by my cold. She'll be happy to see the old man going again.





No comments:

Post a Comment