Saturday 31 August 2013

A quiet Saturday in Medellin


Last night I went out with Juan Guillermo and his family. We had some excellent local cuisine topped up with a few drinks in a plaza full of Colombian (and Mexican) "rancheros" music.


Of course we had to enjoy the "ron antioquena", a local spirit.... ;-)


Today I went for a long walk in the area of my hotel. With my iPhone camera I can't take great scenery photos, but hereby a bit of an idea of this very green city surrounded by hills.




I ended up in one of the city's "night life" zones with a ton of pubs & restaurants. Of course in this night life area there is a "Medellin Beer Factory" (probably the same "family" as the Bogota Beer Factory):




Some interesting hotel buildings in this area and also a lot of local artists:



I enjoyed another delicious fish dish, followed by my daily Juan Valdez coffee. Life is good.


In the meantime my wife Mary, daughter Hilary and son Mark are having fun these days in Vancouver (and remind me in lovely messages that I should be there with them....).



That is it for the month of August. A productive and exciting month. Tomorrow starts September which also promises to bring a lot of project action + a short visit of Mary (Sept 19 - 23) during which we will spend two days in Medellin and two days in Bogota.

No comments:

Post a Comment